Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Lead Software EngineerPublished at 15.10.2017 - Viewed: 1482 times - Aleph Objects, Inc. in Loveland, Colorado, United States
Aleph Objects, Inc. is searching for a full time Lead Software Engineer to direct priorities and manage and execute the design, implementation, and maintenance of free software for 3D printers and other products developed and produced by Aleph Objects, Inc.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prioritize incoming feature requests and issues from users both external (customers) and internal (company). Estimate level of effort for individual and groups of tasks.
- Review code, verifying software requirements
- Interview, recommend and train new developers
- Manage communications with partnered companies in collaboration on Free Software products including completing upstream pull requests and merging upstream changes.
- Work cross functionally to align software releases with new product offerings
- Manage the maintenance, trouble shooting, and debugging of existing code, as required
- Develop high quality and stable code for use in customer facing products and solutions.
- Manage integration and release testing
- Maintain communications with other relevant departments to maintain the project schedule, status, and focus
- Design software UI and work flow in collaboration with the Creative and Marketing teams
- Analyze the architectural/performance of potential implementations
- Assist the Marketing and Technical Support teams in writing software documentation
- Research and implement improvements to development practices
- Other tasks as-needed to grow the company, serve its customers, and advance Free Software, Libre Innovation, and Open Source Hardware (FLO)
- Demonstrated ability to develop quality software in a fast paced environment
- 3+ years as a software developer showing increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and lead a team of software developers and manage projects
- Professional use of desktop 3D printing is highly desired, especially Free Software, Libre Innovation, and Open Source Hardware (FLO) tools and Free Culture licenses
Skills, Certifications, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field is desired. However, proven experience is most desired
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, pro-actively identify and address problems, and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Python, C++, QT, and Git required; Cmake preferred
- Ability to translate User needs into actionable software requirements
- If available publicly, provide links to work (commits) you have done on Free or other software projects
- This is an on-site position and remote workers are not being considered.
- No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Email a resume, in PDF format, to email@example.com with the open position title in the subject heading.
Aleph Objects, Inc.(R) is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Any offer of employment at Aleph Objects, Inc. will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background screening.