Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Software Developer, DevOpsPublished at 17.01.2018 - Viewed: 628 times - GlobaLeaks (Worldwide)
Job Location: Milan-Remote (flexible)
Job Type: full-time, part-time
Deadline for Applications: 15 February, 2018
Would you like to join the team behind an open source and free whistleblowing software used by over 120 initiatives worldwide to combat corruption and protect human rights?
GlobaLeaks is the most widely used opensource whistleblowing software in the world, developed in Italy, with a solid security reputation and international outreach supporting various projects which demonstrate high social impact.
We are looking for passionate hackers, engineers and researchers to contribute in the areas of:
- Systems and DevOps (Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, Packaging)
Both full-time and part-time positions are available. We welcome applications from senior and junior professionals as well as university students fond of open source technologies!
The operational headquarter of the project is in Milan. Remote positions are also available.
The Hermes Center for Transparency and Digital Human Rights is a non-profit organization founded in 2012 by a group of activists, technologists, hackers, lawyers and media experts. There are currently 20 active members, many alumni, and partner organizations.
Our mission is to promote and develop on a global scale the awareness and attention to transparency and accountability.
Our goal is to increase the citizens’ involvement in the management of matters of public interest through the use of secure digital tools.
GlobaLeaks has been developed and maintained since 2012 by the Hermes Center for Transparency and Digital Human Rights, as well as the innovative start-up Whistleblowing Solutions Impresa Sociale Srl since 2016.
The project is financed through international research grants from the Open Technology Fund and thanks to the collaboration with numerous non-governmental organizations (Transparency International, Amnesty International, International Criminal Court), public administrations (City of Barcelona, Municipality of Rho, Unioncamere Lombardia) and private companies (Edison SpA, Falck Renewables SpA).
You’ll be a good fit for our team if:
- You’re the best at whatever you do and have a low tolerance for mediocrity
- Interested in empowering whistleblowers worldwide
- Proud/looking forward for your significant contributions to open source software
- Passionate about freedom, digital rights and decentralized systems
- Have an eye for beautiful designs and code that gets more done with less
- Ability to zoom into details, or zoom out to the big picture
- Know your way around Python
- Familiar with AngularJS, Bootstrap, Twisted, Debian, Github, Travis, REST
- Familiar with GNU/Linux/Unix
- Passionate about challenging research on computer security and usability
Helpful but not required:
- Familiarity with machine learning principles (clustering, classification, distance metrics)
- Familiarity with SQL based databases
It would also be great if you also had experience working online with remote colleagues and a distributed team; in open-source software development; proficiency in another language and a desire to contribute to GlobaLeaks’ mission.
We welcomes applicants from all backgrounds. We offer flexible working arrangements in various fields, whether it’s software application development or specific whistleblowing projects. We are keen to hear from people who consider themselves under-represented in the software and technology communities even if they feel they meet only some of our needs.
We offer a competitive compensation appropriate to the experience of the candidates.
As a non-profit organization, all the accounting and operational documentation related to the human resources management is transparent and accessible to members and collaborators, in a democratic and participatory way.
We also offer the opportunity to participate in several local and international conferences and venues in communities advocating for Internet freedom, open source technologies and transparency.
To know more about the GlobaLeaks project, please check the following resources:
- Source code: https://github.com/globaleaks/globaleaks
- Documentation: https://docs.globaleaks.org/
- Website: https://globaleaks.org
- List of users: https://www.globaleaks.org/who-uses-it/
- Hermes Center Website: https://www.hermescenter.org
- Whistleblowing Solutions Website: https://www.whistleblowingsolutions.it
How to apply:
To apply, please send your resume and a link to your GitHub profile at: email@example.com
As part of the evaluation process, a practical test on the GlobaLeaks code will be requested; here you can take a look at the project and its open issues: https://github.com/globaleaks/GlobaLeaks/issues