Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Support EngineerPublished at 03.07.2018 - Viewed: 792 times - Citus Data (Worldwide/Remote)
Citus is a scalable, robust, open source SQL database capable of real-time queries. It integrates with Postgres and made available on-demand via Citus Cloud.
You would be joining as our first full time support engineer. Currently our support is handled across engineering, who would still be a resource for supporting our customers. You are patient, thoughtful, sincere, and empathetic in your work. You are committed to helping our customers be successful by working with them through detailed database questions and helping them design their architectures for scale.
As a support engineer not only will you work with customers every day to help field their inquiries. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing resolutions to the causes of common customer problems
- Monitoring and addressing support tickets to understand common issues
- Participate in community channels such as stack overflow and slack to help educate users
- Contributing to docs to ensure they’re accurate and improved based on customer insights
In addition to directly supporting customers you’ll have the opportunity as the first support engineer to help define and improve our support process by:
- Providing feedback to our product teams
- Developing sample applications
- Building customer facing tools and applications to improve the support experience
- Several years experience working in technical support or a similar role
- Knowledge of SQL (ideally working with Postgres)
- Experience in at least one major application development language and framework (More is a bonus. In order of preferred priority Ruby/Rails, Python/Django, Node, Java)
- Good understanding of AWS. Nice to have: Azure, Google
We seek to nurture a transparent, inclusive company. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are not tied to a specific location for this role, but our preferred is someone on Eastern or Central timezone of the U.S.