18.07.2018 - at GitLab , Worldwide/Remote Full-time
This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
This position is remote based.
At GitLab, UX Designers collaborate closely with Engineers, UX Research, and other Designers to create an intuitive, beautiful, world-class experience. UX Designers report to the UX Manager.
Tools used by the UX Team are flexible depending on the needs of the work. Please see the UX Designer Onboarding page for more details.
Success Criteria (you know you are doing a good job as a UX Designer when…)
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with a member of our Recruiting team. Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute first interview with a UX Designer. Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 1 hour interview with the UX Manager. Candidates will be invited to schedule a third 45 minute interview with our VP of Engineering. Finally, candidates may be asked to schedule a 50 minute interview with our CEO.
Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
1. Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
2. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
3. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
4. Everyone works remote, but you don’t feel remote. We don’t have a head office, so you’re not in a satellite office.
5. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
6. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
7. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
8. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
9. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don’t burn out.
10. Open internal processes: know what you’re getting in to and be assured we’re thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!