Job details « Go back to category
Full-time C++ Open Source EngineerPublished at 10.08.2018 - Viewed: 1255 times - Sysdig in San Francisco, United States
Sysdig is the leading monitoring, visibility, and security company for modern enterprises using container and orchestration platforms, like Docker and Kubernetes. We created the open source Sysdig system instrumentation tool, as well as the open source project Sysdig Falco, on top of which we have built our container monitoring and security products. They are scale-out enterprise products, and they already have multiple integration points with cloud-native open source systems such as Kubernetes and Prometheus.
And we want to do more. We are ardent fans of open source and want to support its growth, which is where you come in! We’re looking for a developer to work on the Sysdig open source projects (Sysdig, Falco) and related open-source projects.
Location: You can work out of either one of our offices (San Francisco, or Raleigh) or any location within the US.
- Build open source server side systems and client tooling in C++ and Lua.
- Work with and for the Cloud Native community – primarily via software development but also some public speaking and writing.
- Listen to users in order to prioritize features and improvements.
- Maintain a healthy community through responding to Github issues, reviewing pull requests, engaging with users in Sysdig’s OSS Slack team.
- You have prior open source contributions, preferably to related projects in the “cloud native” monitoring and observability space.
- You believe that clear written communication is an essential part of open source collaboration, and have a record of high-quality interactions on PRs/issues/designs
- You have extensive experience with multiple languages, including a lower level language (C, C++, Golang). We prefer candidates with C++ and Lua experience, but showing deep polyglot capabilities will be considered as well.
- You’ve worked on and with multiple data-intensive systems (such as time series databases or search databases)
- You’ve operated a production service, and have associated experience using monitoring and observability tools.
- You are able to work effectively in a remote-first setup (open-source or not)
- You are passionate about modern software delivery from CI/CD to telemetry to cloud-native.
Sysdig is the container intelligence company. We have created the only unified platform to deliver monitoring, security, and troubleshooting in a microservices-friendly architecture.
Our open source technologies have attracted a community of over a million developers, administrators and other IT professionals looking for deep visibility into systems and containers.
Our container intelligence platform monitors and secures millions of containers across hundreds of enterprises, including Fortune 500 companies and web-scale properties.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
- We have fun team with company events, beer outings, and lots of espresso (if you’re into that).
- Work in one of our sunny California offices (SF and Davis) or remotely
- Competitive starting salaries
- Every full-time position earns stock options
- Top notch health insurance coverage for full-time employees (US)
- Desk and tech setup of your choice (for wherever you work)
- IRA with company matching up to 3% of salary (US)
- Unlimited vacation policy (US)
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit
- Free weekly team lunches and delicious snacks every day of the week
- Free monthly house cleaning service (US)