This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Published at 2013-09-09 -
Viewed: 4702 times -
Free Software Foundation Europe
in Berlin, Germany
FSFE is looking for smart, motivated interns to join our team. We offer
- A truly challenging and exciting time with a dynamic NGO working internationally
- A close-up view of organisational and community processes
- A chance to take the initiative and put your ideas into practice
- The opportunity to meet and work with Free Software advocates across Europe
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to FSFE’s ongoing projects.
- Work on campaigns and public relations.
- Communicate with contacts from the FSFE community, NGO, industry, and public administrations.
- Coordinate volunteers and FSFE team members during work on various projects.
- General office tasks.
- Find your own strengths, and do something you care about.
Basic internship facts:
- Duration: 4-12 months, full-time.
- Starting date: anytime.
- Location: Berlin, Germany.
- Remuneration: EURO 400/month.
interns are a pretty diverse bunch. If you are interested in working on the frontline of technology policy and activism, then you’ve come to the right place. You’re fired up about a free information society, and you’ve already done something to tell others why freedom matters? Then this internship is for you. Your academic background and qualifications matter less than your experience, your will to learn, and your ability to get things done. We expect:
- Solid basic knowledge of, and considerable interest in, Free Software (required)
- Fluent English (written and spoken) is a requirement; a working knowledge of German and/or other languages is an asset.
- Basic acquaintance with working on GNU/Linux systems (desirable)
- Ability to be creative, responsible, and to multitask.
- Ability to integrate into a young, motivated and professional team
- No programming skills required. Programming is one of the few things you probably won’t be doing during your internship.