This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
As a fast-growing, but still small, nonprofit venture CommunityShare is re-imagining the relationship between communities and schools. Through our online platform and offline programs we ignite multigenerational, real-world learning experiences by connecting the wisdom, skills and lived experiences of community partners with educators and youth.
Duration: 1 year with possibility of longer-term contract
Job Type: Full time (40 hours/week); Flexible Schedule
Start Date: As soon as can be negotiated
Compensation: Contract is commensurate with experience
We seek an individual with exceptional front-end web development skills (React) who will oversee the front-end development of CommunityShare’s online platform. This person will work closely with our small and talented team. This is an exciting time to join our team as we expand our work throughout Arizona and nationally. We are looking for an individual who is excited to apply their skills to reimagining education and creating a more equitable world.
● At least 3 years of hands-on experience in front end development
● Extraordinary attention to detail and ability to understand business requirements
● Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
● Proactive person who can work independently and co-create in a team environment
● Excellent interpersonal skills; someone who sees the best in others
● Strong organizational and time management skills
● Enjoys working in a fluid, dynamic start-up environment
● Develop new user-facing features using React.js
● Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
● Contribute to the development and growth of a style guide and component library
● Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
● Optimize code so that it looks and behaves correctly across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
● Ensure quality of codebase by writing tests and doing code reviews
● Participate in agile development of project timelines, documentation, testing and ongoing support of systems
● Contribute to discussions that transform business requirements into technical requirements (and what those solutions will look like)
● Strong proficiency with React.js, including experience building a non-trivial application that uses a one-way dataflow architecture (e.g. Flux, Redux)
● Strong proficiency with CSS, as well as the ability to accurately reproduce a static design mockup in HTML
● Solid understanding of RESTful APIs and experience building an application that uses at least 6 different types resources (preferably at least 10)
● Comfort using Git and GitHub for version control and collaboration
Bonus if you have experience with...
● Benchmarking and optimization of front-end code
● Sketch or Adobe XD (or ‘like’ programs) to create static mockups
● UX research participation
● TailwindCSS and Storybook.js
● Use of Vercel (previously Now) to deploy front-end code
● Use of a framework like Rails, Django, or Sails.js to build an API Server
● Server deployment to Heroku
● Product experience with two-sided marketplaces (e.g. match-making, buyers-sellers, etc), user-to-user messaging and real-time communication (websockets).
Submit cover letter, CV and minimum of three professional references via email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
At CommunityShare we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create and inspire better ways to give every student an educational foundation for lifelong success. In order to fully realize this mission we are dedicated to building a diverse pool of candidates including those from underrepresented backgrounds and build an inclusive culture that supports and celebrates the diverse voices and perspectives of our employees.
Description of CommunityShare:
CommunityShare believes that our communities are only as strong as the relationships we weave. Relationships between caring adults and young people centered around real-world learning experiences nurture resilient, thriving youth and communities. In order to realize this vision, CommunityShare developed an online platform that matches educators in schools and out-of-school settings with community partners who serve as mentors, project collaborators, guest speakers, internship hosts, and more. Through both virtual and in-person learning experiences with community partners, students become more engaged in school and their community because of the real-world relevance, discover new career possibilities and expand their access to caring adults. The 3-minute video on our home page and this Christian Science Monitor article offer additional context. CommunityShare was recognized in 2018, 2019 and 2020 as one of the top 100 global education innovations at the HundrED summit in Helsinki.