This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
We are Bitspossessed, a software developers collective. We support people, organizations, and communities to realize technologically-driven ideas.
Bitspossessed provides a healthy, supportive space for our members to build software cooperatively. We strive to contribute to a more just and equitable tech industry, a sustainable digital commons, and an ecologically-regenerative future that prioritizes care and social responsibility.
Bitspossessed on GitHub: https://github.com/bitspossessed/
We are currently looking for more developers for one of our projects!  
## The Circles Project
We are the maintainers of Circles UBI, a protocol and open source project running a basic income on the Ethereum blockchain.
Since we launched the project last year, Circles has become a wider network of collectives and initiatives building alternative economic systems for their local neighborhoods.
The initial work has mostly been carried by the Bitspossessed developer collective and the Circles Cooperative in Berlin. With Circles growing beyond its MVP status we are looking now for more developers to bring the stack to the next level.
If you are interested in more information about Circles and its philosophy, you can read our official FAQ  and the whitepaper .
## Vacant position
## What you'll be doing as Lead Full Stack Developer:
The Circles is a relatively experimental stack aiming at a low-barrier entrance level for users who are not familiar with typical Dapp patterns. This requirement has led us to a more "Burner style" wallet to avoid users having to interact with solutions like MetaMask. Therefore a meta-transaction relayer service is used, which pays the gas fees for the users. This and the ever-growing trust network for transitive transfers  - which is unique for Circles - create interesting and challenging design problems. We are looking for someone who:
- Wants to design and develop solutions to scale, decentralize and stabilize Circles
- Loves thinking and learning about transitive transfers, meta transactions, distributed off-chain data storage, privacy, social recovery and new Circles concepts like group currencies
- Leads technical decisions and system architecture
- Is interested in cross-team collaboration with other Circles projects who follow similar ideas
## Good to know
- We work primarily remote-first somewhere in the CET timezone
- We are open to different sorts of time-commitments, somewhere between half-time and fulltime
- We have a balanced gender ratio in the team
- A healthy and inclusive working environment is highly prioritized within Bitspossessed