This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
We are Bitspossessed, a software developers collective. We support people, organizations, and communities to realize technologically-driven ideas.
Bitspossessed provides a healthy, supportive space for our members to build software cooperatively. We strive to contribute to a more just and equitable tech industry, a sustainable digital commons, and an ecologically-regenerative future that prioritizes care and social responsibility.
We are currently looking for more developers for one of our projects! 
## The Circles Project
We are the maintainers of Circles UBI, a protocol and open source project running a basic income on the Ethereum blockchain.
Since we launched the project last year, Circles has become a wider network of collectives and initiatives building alternative economic systems for their local neighborhoods.
The initial work has mostly been carried by the Bitspossessed developer collective and the Circles Cooperative in Berlin. With Circles growing beyond its MVP status we are looking now for more developers to bring the stack to the next level.
If you are interested in more information about Circles and its philosophy, you can read our official FAQ  and the whitepaper .
## Vacant position
The Bitspossessed collective is looking for a freelancer or independent contractor to take on the role of DevOps specialist (Kubernetes, Docker) for Circles.
## What you'll be doing as DevOps Specialist:
Circles has been growing very fast and while we migrated to Kubernetes on Digital Ocean and solved most bottlenecks and scaling issues inside the code bases, we still lack knowledge and confidence in running our servers and infrastructure reliably. We are looking for someone who:
- Loves working with Terraform, Helm, Docker, Docker Compose and Kubernetes
- Improves our building and deployment times and processes
- Maintains the infrastructure
- Implements monitoring and debugging solutions
- Makes sure we can scale our infrastructure in the future
## Good to know
- We work primarily remote-first somewhere in the CET timezone
- We are open to different sorts of time-commitments, somewhere between half-time and fulltime
- We have a balanced gender ratio in the team
- A healthy and inclusive working environment is highly prioritized within Bitspossessed
Circles on GitHub: https://github.com/CirclesUBI/
Bitspossessed on GitHub: https://github.com/bitspossessed/