About this role
Bonitasoft is one of the leaders in the BPM market. The Bonita products span multiple software technologies (e.g. Java, Angular JS…), and resides in an IT ecosystem (Application Servers, Databases, Cloud…). A successful Support Engineer will have mastered many of these technologies. A strong background in Computer Science is necessary to troubleshoot and identify the source of the issues be it in the product or in the ecosystem where Bonita resides.
This is a very rewarding job for those who like to help Customers out of tricky situations. The goal of the support engineer at Bonitasoft is to work closely with the Customer from troubleshooting to finding a reasonable workaround/solution through clear communication at every step, ensuring Customer Satisfaction. Hence communication skills are essential in this role.
You will be located in North America and will report to the Support Manager, Poorav Chaudhari, located in Grenoble, France.
Your key responsibilities:
- Become an expert on Bonitasoft products with the guidance provided during the onboarding (see onboarding section below)
- Perform deep analysis of problems experienced by Customers, including reproducing them, and ultimately respond with a solution, with a strong Customer satisfaction mindset
- Work closely with the R&D team to find solutions for complex problems
- Report bugs, product gaps and incomplete documentation to improve customer satisfaction
- Provide support on the AWS cloud infrastructure where Bonita Cloud is hosted
- Contribute to product Documentation and Knowledge base articles to
- Monitor, suggest and implement technological improvements to keep our support team on top of our game
Experience / Skills
- 5 years of experience in Technical Customer Support
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to listen, understand, analyze and write solutions clearly and concisely
- Tenacious problem-solver with a strong analytical/QA mindset
- Ability to meet short deadlines under pressure and to work independently/autonomously
- Real team player, ability to work in a multicultural and geographically diverse organization
- Fluency in English & Spanish (written & spoken)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Java programming & deployment architecture
- Linux & Microsoft Windows environment experience
- Database experience and proficiency in at least one of these: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Experience with Database concepts, Data management (RDBMS), and SQL
- Experience with at least one application server like Tomcat, WildFly, …
- Experience with multi-tiered platforms
- Troubleshooting Skills
- Skilled in analysing logs and finding patterns, etc. to pinpoint the real issue
- Experience with JVM concepts like heap dump analysis and thread dump analysis
- Familiar with Infrastructure issues like CPU spikes, memory spikes, network analysis, etc.
These would be a plus:
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Salesforce and/or CRM applications
- Experience using a software defect tracking system such as JIRA
- Experience with reading/writing HTML and CSS
- Experience with Business Process Management
- Familiar with Bonita BPM
- Familiarity in French
What to expect during your onboarding process?
- Introduction to each department at Bonitasoft (get to know the teams and their scope)
- Tailored Training program including the official Bonita trainings & Certifications
- Bonita Support troubleshooting training with a Support engineer
- Shadowing with a Support engineer working on his support cases