This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Senior Software Quality Assurance Specialist / Manager (m/f/d) (20+ hours/week) Full-time
Published at 2022-03-02 -
Viewed: 1268 times -
At OpenProject we are building open source project management software which is easy and intuitive to work with.
To enable not only pre-release but continuous testing of our software, we are looking for a Senior Software Quality Assurance Specialist / Manager (m/f/d) to join our team. You will work closely with our development teams and report directly to our CTO Jens.
- Supporting us on our journey to create a project management tool that users ❤ to use
- Further developing, documenting and executing a successful testing strategy (including acceptance tests and regression tests in supported browsers) guided by our product development process and in close coordination with our development team regarding testing status and needs.
- Establishing best practices, professionalising and driving the quality assurance process.
- Reproducing bugs reported by users and evaluating the criticality of errors.
- Evaluating critical bugs and prioritising them.
- Coordinating closely with the development, product and customer support team.
- Creating and maintaining a test case catalogue and creating test cases / test suites.
- Especially if you prefer a full-time role, you might also work in other areas like community management (e.g. responding to bug reports in our user forum).
- You have relevant work experience, ideally within testing / quality assurance for a software company and genuinely enjoy the role.
- You have experience driving QA processes and best practices independently.
- You have a solid technical understanding and are passionate for open source.
- You are proficient in the English language (both written and verbal). Proficiency in the German language is beneficial.
- Familiarity with TestLink, GitHub, Jenkins or similar tools would be a plus.
- Experience developing automated tests in Ruby, RSpec, Capybara and Selenium is beneficial.
- Experience in working with project management software and OpenProject in particular would be a strong plus.
- You love to learn to use new tools and would like to get to know OpenProject inside-out.
- You have strong communication, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Our “OPENP” core company values resonate strongly with you.
(O = Open for new stuff, P = Pragmatic (not dogmatic), E = Engaged for clients and colleagues, N = Neigung (passionate) about OpenProject, P = Proactive and accountable).
- You actually noticed the wrong indentation in the second bullet of this section. :-)
What awaits you:
- The best of both worlds: the creative challenges and learning opportunities of a start-up combined with the financial stability and strong customer base of a “grown-up” company in a team of around 25 dedicated professionals who love to learn from each other.
- Having a real impact on our client success and satisfaction as well as providing input for future product development. We strive for high quality software and as such both product management and development acknowledge the value of solid QA.
- A software product with an elaborate test suit ranging from low level unit tests to user level acceptance tests instrumenting browsers.
- New challenges every day: Automated tests covering large areas of our QA processes allow you to focus on new and important bugs and exploratory testing and cut out most repetitive tasks.
- A high degree of freedom in your daily work as you will be shaping the QA processes together with development and product management.
- The flexibility to decide from where you would like to work: remotely in any location worldwide or from our office near Gendarmenmarkt in Berlin.
- Contributing to an open source project (our software code is freely available on GitHub).
- You will create value from day 1 for exciting clients and users from all around the globe, including NGOs and other open source projects which we love to support in fulfilling their mission, corporates like Siemens or Deutsche Bahn and public institutions like cities.
- A competitive salary: underpaying our talents is no option for us since we believe in the motto “If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.”
Find out more:
- On our company, clients & product (http://openproject.org)
- On what our team members and applicants think about working or applying at OpenProject (https://www.kununu.com/de/openproject)