This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Linux Virtualization Developer - Focus on QEMU/KVM (f/m/d) Full-time
Published at 2022-07-15 -
Viewed: 1336 times -
With its business applications, IONOS is one of the leading hosting and cloud applications providers in Europe. With our state-of-the-art technologies, we convince more than 8 million customers in many different countries every day.
- Optimize and debug our QEMU/KVM solution for our virtual data center environment to achieve best stability.
- Plan seamless upgrades for the existing stack and help make them happen.
- Plan, design and execute transformation from other virtualization solutions to our QEMU/KVM stack.
- Get involved in development from conceptual design to implementation and to the deployment strategy.
- Together with our QA Automation Engineers, draft and execute test plans for features, performance, load, stress, endurance and security, including fault injection.
- Give back to the community: bring in-house contributions upstream and help ﬁx upstream bugs.
- Proven track record of upstream Qemu and Linux kernel (KVM) contributions.
- Being fluent in Bash or Python, Rust is a big advantage.
- Good knowledge in analyzing and documenting software bugs.
- Experience with the x86_64 CPU architecture, ARM is an advantage.
- Being innovative, present new ideas about features, performance and stability.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English.