This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Software Developer (w/m/d) - Storage (Kernel) Full-time
Published at 2023-07-05 -
Viewed: 641 times -
in Berlin, Germany
With its business applications, IONOS is one of the leading hosting and cloud applications providers in Europe. With our state-of-the-art technologies, we convince more than 8 million customers in many different countries every day.
- Add new features, improve efficiency, stability and performance of the software components of our storage stack.
- Get involved in new kernel driver development from conceptual design to implementation and to the deployment strategy.
- Work on preparation of newly developed components for open sourcing and inclusion into mainline.
- Contribute to the upstream kernel drivers; take part in the corresponding mailing-list discussions.
- Code, document and release according to latest industry proven software development processes.
- Knowledge in the areas of Operating Systems, Distributed Systems, Algorithms and Data-Structures..
- Excellent C programming and debugging skills..
- Experience in the development of Linux kernel or kernel modules is a plus..
- Practical experience in one or more of the following areas: kernel block layer, distributed block devices, RAID based replication, InfiniBand networking.
The data centers behind the IONOS Cloud IaaS consist of hypervisor machines hosting the customer VMs and the storage machines providing the persistent storage. The machines are interconnected via a low latency rdma network. The software side of our storage stack is based on the upstream linux kernel drivers, yet to be open-sourced in-house solutions and the provisioning/cloud orchestration software. Further design and development, maintenance and troubleshooting as well as performance-, reliability- and efficiency- evaluation and optimization of this stack is the task of the platform storage development team.
The following benefits await you:
- Hybrid working model with home office option.
- Flexible working hours through trust-based working hours.
- At some locations a subsidized canteen and various free drinks.
- Modern office space with very good transport connections.
- Various employee discounts for activities and products.
- Employee events such as summer and winter parties, as well as workshops.
- Numerous training and development opportunities.
- Various health offers, such as sports and health courses.