2023-01-24 - at The Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) — Worldwide/Remote Full-time
This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Location: Remote position. Applicants must be located within time zones UTC +0 to UTC +4.
Application Deadline: Open until the position is filled.
The Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) is a growing, global nonprofit media organization that is reinventing investigative journalism for the public good. By developing and equipping a global network of investigative journalists and publishing their stories, we expose crime and corruption so the public can hold power to account. We see a future where organized crime and corruption are drastically reduced and democracy is strengthened. Our global team includes editors, researchers, data engineers, security specialists, administrators, technologists, and strategists, each with areas of in-depth expertise.
Weʼre looking for a Python/Django developer to work on improving and maintaining our ID platform (https://id.occrp.org/). Within this contractor role, you will work closely with the Assistant Product Manager for Investigative Tooling and you will help us help the OCCRP network trace people, companies, and assets across the globe.
You are passionate about creating beautiful, effective user experiences on a variety of web platforms using modern web development technologies. You care about clean code, and understand the importance of good documentation. Your technical skills are supplemented by excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Technical skills required:
• Proven technical expertise (5 years+ is ideal) in various areas of web development and a track record of successful project delivery.
• High level of knowledge of Python, Django, and the Django Rest Framework (DRF).
• Good understanding of SQL databases, PostgreSQL in particular.
• Good understanding of REST APIs.
• Good understanding of JSON:API.
• Experience with Test-driven development (TDD) and Continuous integration (CI).
• Experience using distributed source-control such as Git.
• Ability to advocate for clean, readable, maintainable, documented code within a multi-person team.
Soft skills required:
• Proven collaboration and communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
• Ability to deliver projects to realistic deadlines while being reliable, consistent, and timely.
• Ability to communicate well in English both written and spoken.
• Experience working in a security-first environment.
• Experience designing and implementing code-review processes and continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
To apply, please email your resume, your portfolio (GitHub repo or a Django site you created) to jobs(at)occrp.org
All applications must be submitted in English. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Whilst we have internal goals to reply to unsuccessful candidates, we regret that the high number of applicants greatly exceeds our capacity to respond to each person. We apologise that we will not be able to reply to any unsuccessful applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, OCCRP values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, medical conditions, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process, please contact hr(at)occrp.org
2023-01-24 - at The Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) — Worldwide/Remote Freelance