Job details « Go back to category
Full-time SlapOS Developer (Cloud Computing, Python)Published at 17.11.2012 - Viewed: 2771 times - Nexedi SA (Worldwide/Remote)
Nexedi was founded in 2001 with the creation of the ERP5 project, whose first implementation was awarded "Best ERP project" in 2004.
We design, develop and deploy enterprise solutions in the domains of Enterprise Resource Plannig (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Electronic Commerce and Cloud Computing.
Our headquarters are located in Lille, France. We have Nexedi offices at your service in Brazil, Germany, Japan and Senegal.
More recently, we started in 2010 the SlapOS (http://community.slapos.org) project, aiming at having a Free, efficient, decentralized, efficient and community based Cloud Computing system.
SlapOS has been designed in the first place to promote and protect Free Software in the cloud.
Since then, SlapOS has been successfully deployed in several projects for (and by) different companies. We want you to help writing the next page of the story.
We are looking for a developer to join the SlapOS core developement team. His goal will be to extend and to improve the core of SlapOS itself, and to port new complex applications to SlapOS.
The applicant should have a strong attraction for Free Software.
- Linux knowledge is required, i.e, administrating servers and using Linux as main desktop machine should be easy as pie for the applicant;
- Strong programming skills in Python, although not strictly required if applicant has really good programming skill in at least another language.
- Fluent in English and/or French. All communications between the SlapOS partners and team members are done in english.
- Ability to work in a distributed team working from different timezones around the world;
Experience in one of the following is a plus but is not required:
- Buildout (http://buildout.org)
- Routing protocols/algorithms
- IPv6 deployment and usage
- Use/design of REST/HATEOAS APIs
The job is available now at Paris (France), Dresden (Germany), Tokyo (Japan), Campos (Brazil). Working remotely is also possible.