Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Lead QA Engineer | containers & storage | relocation offeredPublished at 16.09.2015 - Viewed: 1553 times - techfolk Limited in Bristol, United Kingdom
Lead Software Test Engineer
ClusterHQ needs you to establish and run QA for open source storage management software in the rapidly evolving domain of Docker and containerisation.
Our product Flocker makes it easier for engineers to meet the data portability requirements of distributed, microservices-based applications, supporting container ecosystems such as Docker.
This is chance to be part of something new, where you can have a voice and be recognised for helping produce software that will impact infrastructure, application architecture and software delivery as fundamentally in the coming years as virtualisation has in the last decade.
Joining as our first Lead QA Engineer, we welcome your ability to deliver a robust QA function as a service, building on the foundations that are serving us well. You’ll have our full support in running good process, getting the most from tooling and automation, and achieving best practice in TDD.
Your work will pave the way for other Software Test Engineer colleagues to join you, each dedicated to a product engineering SCRUM team. We will look to you as we hire new team members, as we plan their work, get them up to speed and expand our operation.
ClusterHQ is offering relocation to Bristol, UK, which is fast becoming the cloud computing hub of Europe and is renowned for its high quality of life.
- You have established and run QA for a software product or comprehensive feature set
- You are skilled at testing in a technical, system-level, domain such as: cloud engineering, networking, middleware, OS development, IaaS, PaaS, SDN, distributed systems, converged systems, virtualisation, clustering, storage, containers, orchestration, microservices, etc.
- You can define and implement QA strategies and plans for functional and non-functional testing, e.g. security, integration, performance, scalability
- You can identify and implement automated testing approaches using modern frameworks and tools
- You enjoy a multi skilled technical role - running tests and resolving issues, and recording, interpreting and presenting results
- You can produce effective test scripts, using languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, C++, Tcl, Groovy etc.
Salary and benefits
£55,000 - £80,000+ (negotiable)
Equity in a fast growing company
Discretionary relocation assistance
Flexible working | 28 days holiday + public holidays | pension | death in service | income protection | private healthcare | dental care | Cyclescheme | good coffee | on site restaurant
ClusterHQ provides the tools and services necessary for deploying and managing fully containerised stateful applications, simplifying IT processes and delivering on the advantages inherent in containers. We are the Container Data People™. Our engineering team includes accomplished open source contributors, from projects such as Twisted and OpenZFS. We invite you to join us, working on important and topical projects where you can have a voice and be recognised for your work.
Located: central Bristol, south west UK, near Temple Meads station; 1:45 by train to London
Please talk with techfolk, our recruitment partner, to find out more: +44 (0)117 318 2447 | firstname.lastname@example.org | @we_are_techfolk