This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
ClusterHQ needs you to help define, architect and build open source storage management software in the rapidly evolving domain of Docker and containerisation.
Our product Flocker makes it easier for engineers to meet the data portability requirements of distributed, microservices-based applications, supporting container ecosystems such as Docker.
We are a team of passionate software engineers, some of whom are leading lights in the open source world, and we're seeking a like-minded and experienced Lead Software Engineer for our teams in Bristol, UK and San Francisco in the US.
This is a key role in an exciting open source startup; as a Lead Software Engineer you will help us to shape innovative container data products, define application architecture, design and build applications, and mentor and support our engineering teams.
We’re solving hard problems which involve customers’ data, so quality has to be at the heart of everything we do. We believe that test-driven development and continuous integration, code reviews and pair programming are the way to build high quality software.
We're offering relocation to Bristol, UK, which is fast becoming the cloud computing hub of Europe and is renowned for its high quality of life.
Example upcoming projects
Building out the core Flocker product to support large scale production deployment
Adding innovative new tools and services to enable container-based software delivery
Integrating with leading container software and storage solutions
- You share our enthusiasm for quality code, TDD, pair programming, CI and helping others
- You're happy to code in Python and Go using the Twisted framework, transferring from: C / C++ | Erlang | Golang | Haskell | Java | Node.js | Perl | Python | Ruby | Scala | etc.
- You bring knowledge, commercial and/or open source, of domains such as: cloud engineering, networking, middleware, OS development, IaaS, PaaS, distributed systems, converged systems, virtualisation, clustering, storage, containers, orchestration, microservices, etc.
- You may have encountered technologies such as: Docker | Mesosphere | Marathon | Kubernetes | CoreOS | etcd | fleet | rkt | Oracle Coherence | Giant Swarm | LXC | Linux VServer | OpenVZ Virtuozzo | KVM | JVM | hypervisors | virtual machines | Ceph | libvirt | SDN | nginx | etc.
- You may have used frameworks such as: AKKA | Apache Camel | Asio | Async.io | asyncio | Atmosphere | Autobahn | BOOST | EventMachine | gevent | Java Message Server | JMS | Java Spaces | Klein | Netty | ScalaAsync | Neutron | Twisted | Tornado | Tulip | etc.
- You may be considering Technical Lead, Principal Software Engineer or Architect jobs in Bristol such as: Back End Developer | OpenStack Developer | Open Source Developer | Linux Developer | Network Programmer | Python Developer
Salary and benefits
£70,000 – £100,000+ (negotiable)
Equity in a fast growing company
Discretionary relocation assistance
Flexible working | 28 days holiday + public holidays | pension | death in service | income protection | private healthcare | dental care | Cyclescheme | good coffee | on site restaurant
ClusterHQ provides the tools and services necessary for deploying and managing fully containerised stateful applications, simplifying IT processes and delivering on the advantages inherent in containers. We are the Container Data People™. Our engineering team includes accomplished open source contributors, from projects such as Twisted and OpenZFS. We invite you to join us, working on important and topical projects where you can have a voice and be recognised for your work.
Located: central Bristol, south west UK, near Temple Meads station; 1:45 by train to London
Please talk with techfolk, our recruitment partner, to find out more: +44 (0)117 318 2447 | email@example.com | @we_are_techfolk