Job details « Go back to category
Full-time PHP back-end developerPublished at 23.02.2017 - Viewed: 1758 times - Nextcloud GmbH (Worldwide/Remote)
We at Nextcloud are a modern, distributed, open source company. It is our mission to provide our users and customers with the means for data storage, access and communication under their control; protecting their privacy and security.
We pursue a fully-open strategy, keeping internal communication to a minimum while aiming to work, discuss and develop in public. We are a thriving, quickly growing company with a solid customer base. An open source background or experience contributing to Nextcloud is a big plus for job applicants!
We’re looking for developers with experience in PHP back-end development to join our server team!
You would work with the engineering team to bring new features and improvements to the server back-end like new authentication or storage mechanisms, audio/video chat and more. You ideally have open source experience, know your way around git and Github and you live in the CET timezone.
- Back end development (PHP)
- Database design
- Systems design
- Quality assurance
- Teamworking capabilities
- Independence and self-reliance.
- Knowledge around open source technology
What we offer:
- A distributed, open team with a passion for working on and within the open source community
- Developing a product which pushes the boundaries of technology and with a global user and contributor community
- A competitive salary
- Flexibility for a healthy work-life balance
- Time for personal growth and education
We are looking for somebody with ambition and drive, who would like to grow and learn. That means if you do not yet fulfill the requirements but want to learn, apply! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume if you are interested in this role.