Job details « Go back to category
Full-time QA engineerPublished at 23.02.2017 - Viewed: 1748 times - Nextcloud GmbH (Worldwide/Remote)
We at Nextcloud are a modern, distributed, open source company. It is our mission to provide our users and customers with the means for data storage, access and communication under their control; protecting their privacy and security.
We pursue a fully-open strategy, keeping internal communication to a minimum while aiming to work, discuss and develop in public. We are a thriving, quickly growing company with a solid customer base. An open source background or experience contributing to Nextcloud is a big plus for job applicants!
We’re looking for an engineer who can help us test and make Nextcloud rock stable!
You would work with the engineering team to make sure Nextcloud is stable and well tested, developing and maintaining test plans, executing them and working with others to improve the automated and manual testing processes. You ideally have open source experience, know your way around git and Github and you live in the CET timezone.
- Taking ownership of the Nextcloud testing/QA process
- Working with the Engineering team on testing and guiding community testing
- Proactively identifying areas that need more/better testing
- Testing, improving automated and manual testing infrastructure
- Experience managing and executing QA plans
- Knowledge about Linux and basic PHP knowledge
- Experience with the LAMP stack
- Teamworking capabilities
- Independence and self-reliance.
- Knowledge around open source technology
What we offer:
- A distributed, open team with a passion for working on and within the open source community
- Working on a product which pushes the boundaries of technology and with a global user and contributor community
- A competitive salary
- Flexibility for a healthy work-life balance
- Time for personal growth and education
We are looking for somebody with ambition and drive, who would like to grow and learn. That means if you do not yet fulfill the requirements but want to learn, apply! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume if you are interested in this role.