Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Senior Software Engineer, Typescript and GoPublished at 03.10.2017 - Viewed: 483 times - Sourcegraph (Worldwide/Remote)
About the Company
From sustainable energy systems to self-driving cars, the innovations of the future will all rely on code. With so much software to write, developers need a better way to access, understand, and collaborate on code.
At Sourcegraph, we are building a better, smarter foundation for software development. One that will enable developers (and the companies that rely on them) to more quickly turn great ideas into groundbreaking technology. Effectively, we want to bring the future sooner.
Check out what we are building for developers and why it matters: https://sourcegraph.com/plan.
About the Team
Our small team consists of talented, mature, collaborative, driven individuals who are attracted to the massive problem we are tackling. We work in an open environment that treats people in a first-class manner and provides them with ownership, responsibility, and autonomy.
Our founders featured on Forbes “30 under 30” 2017: https://text.sourcegraph.com/sourcegraph-founders-featured-on-forbes-30-under-30-list-8ff9c9b6eb45#.weps4istp
About the Role
You will help build Sourcegraph, a multi-tier application (web, CLI, API, data stores, services) written primarily in TypeScript (frontend) and Go (backend). You will have the freedom to creatively tackle various CS challenges while building products that are fundamental to the growth and success of the business. As a senior member of the team, you will help set the technical direction of various projects as well as mentor other team members. This role will primarily focus on our web backend, services, and infrastructure.
- Reduce P95 latency of “code intelligence” requests (e.g. hover tooltips, find references, go-to-definition)
- Scale our language analysis cluster to meet traffic demands; mitigate infrastructure costs
- Design and implement a system to perform fast, real-time, cross-repository `git grep`
- Design and build multi-tier applications and distributed systems using Go
- Combine system metrics, user feedback, and intuition to plan improvements
- Create simple and performant APIs and services based on multiple underlying data sources
- Lead and mentor other team members, while driving technical roadmaps and decisions for various projects
- CS fundamentals and a track record of delivering high-quality, technically demanding products
- Passion for the craft of software development and good engineering practices
- Experience writing server-side code on a software team with other engineers
- Experience leading projects & people, helping mentor junior team members
- Experience working on medium-to-large codebases