Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Cython without GILPublished at 14.02.2018 - Viewed: 290 times - Nexedi SA in Lille, France
(also available as 3-6 month traineeship)
Nexedi is looking for a python and C developer interested in implementing a multi-threaded coroutine and garbage collector extension for the Cython language. This project will be extended later into a full research project based on linear types and type inference systems. A PhD is also possible after the internship.
- Understand how multi-threaded runtimes operate
- Master libtask and MPS libraries
- Master Cython compiler
- Accelerate python execution x1000
- Experiment various proofs of concepts to extend Cython
- Contribute to Cython code
- Contribute to open source projects such as Wendelin, Pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn, SlapOS, jIO and renderjs.
- Contribute to research projects to build the future of our open source stack
- Passionate, self-driven.
- Willingness to contribute to an open source ecosystem and the Free Software community.
- Very good programming skills in Python
- Very good programming skills in C
- Good software development skills (version control, testing, debugging).
- Good command of English.