Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Infrastructure / Tools EngineerPublished at 13.09.2018 - Viewed: 634 times - Endless Computers (Worldwide/Remote)
Would you like to help run the systems that Endless uses to provide our next generation operating system and applications? You will be responsible for developing and maintaining the services that our infrastructure provides. This work requires strong knowledge of Linux services and server deployment. The majority of the Endless infrastructure is Debian-based, and Endless OS itself is a Debian derivative, updated and distributed using OSTree. You will interface with many teams to support their contributions to Endless’s products, as part of the remote/distributed OS Platform team.
Your responsibilities will include configuration, deployment, maintenance and monitoring of these services as well as the servers they run on. The Endless infrastructure services includes build and continuous integration, issue tracking, download and artifact management and distribution, identity management and authorization, communications, and others. You will ensure that these services are highly available and deployed robustly with minimum impact to Endless employees and users, using current and emerging deployment and orchestration tools such as Ansible, Packer and Terraform.
- BS in Computer Science (or similar ), or equivalent demonstrable experience
- In-depth knowledge of Linux system architecture
- Understanding of Linux networking and remote process communications
- Experience with server deployment and configuration tools such as Ansible
- Familiarity with source management tools such as Git, and continuous integration systems such as Jenkins
- Development skills in high level programming languages such as Python
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and ability to troubleshoot and debug server applications
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with other top-tier engineers all over the world
- Desire to make a difference in the developing world
- Familiarity with management of AWS EC2 instances, and developing and deploying with tools such as Docker, Packer and Terraform
- Experience with Debian package management, including creating and updating packages
- Experience creating secure systems and verifying their robustness
- Understanding of software release management
- Experience with server monitoring systems such as Nagios
- Knowledge of DNS resolution and management of DNS zones
- Familiarity with OSTree systems and repository management
- Ability to operate and maintain LDAP systems
- Experience with VPN management
- Ability to clearly explain concepts and problems to employees and clients in non-technical terms
For more about the Endless mission, product and team, visit our website.
Endless is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at Endless and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, marital status or disability status.