Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Browser / Desktop Software EngineerPublished at 13.09.2018 - Viewed: 393 times - Endless Computers (Worldwide/Remote)
Endless is building an operating system specially designed for the next billion people who get access to a desktop computer for the first time. The remote/distributed OS Platform team is responsible for producing a customized version of the GNOME desktop, designed with our target users in mind and optimizing every detail to improve their experience, considering lower-power hardware or intermittent / costly connectivity. Does the idea of building your own window manager, custom Chromium browser or specially-designed application center excite you?
You will be responsible for maintaining our Chromium-based browser and web engines in the platform. You will help to build the software that powers the interface that every one of our users relies on every day – from the inner workings of Linux up to the desktop applications, using and contributing to the open source libraries and frameworks which power our OS. You will be busy, but your work will impact users around the world.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) with strong competencies in software architecture and design, or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Prior experience working on Chromium, Blink, WebKit or derived projects strongly desired
- Strong experience working with Linux and in a Linux environment
- Core understanding of computer science concepts and lower level software
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with other top-tier engineers all over the world
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Desire to make a difference in the developing world
- Knowledge within the space of the Linux Desktop stack, from the kernel through the application layer
- Experience developing and contributing to open source software projects a plus
- Experience working on user-facing software preferred