Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Sales Engineer / ConsultantPublished at 23.02.2017 - Viewed: 1038 times - Nextcloud GmbH (Worldwide/Remote)
We at Nextcloud are a modern, distributed, open source company. It is our mission to provide our users and customers with the means for data storage, access and communication under their control; protecting their privacy and security.
We pursue a fully-open strategy, keeping internal communication to a minimum while aiming to work, discuss and develop in public. We are a thriving, quickly growing company with a solid customer base. An open source background or experience contributing to Nextcloud is a big plus for job applicants!
Technical sales engineers use their technical knowledge along with sales skills to provide advice and support on a range of products, for which a certain level of expertise is needed.
You work close together with sales and engineering and assist colleagues with bids and tenders for new clients from a technical perspective, working on proof of concept deployments and answering questions.
You like to work independently and self responsible on dedicated projects but like to also to exchange your knowledge with your colleagues.
- persuading clients that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery
- working closely together with sales on customer projects
- calculating client quotations
- providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education
- working on after-sales support services and providing technical backup as required
- arranging and carrying out product training
- support POC and Pilots at the customers together with support and engineering
- supporting sales and marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product meets client needs
- liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts
- helping in the design of custom-made products
- providing training and producing support material for other members of the sales team
- Solid technical background for infrastructure set-ups in medium and large organizations
- Sales skills
- Sound judgement and good business sense
- Organizational skills
- Teamworking capabilities
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Independence and self-reliance.
- Problem solving
- Product knowledge around open source technology
- General programming skills in PHP, HTML, CSS
- Writing and speaking German language
What we offer:
- A distributed, open team with a passion for working on and within the open source community
- Promoting and selling a product which pushes the boundaries of technology and with a global user and contributor community
- A competitive salary
- Flexibility for a healthy work-life balance
- Time for personal growth and education
We are looking for somebody with ambition and drive, who would like to grow and learn. That means if you do not yet fulfill the requirements but want to learn, apply! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume if you are interested in this role.