Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Development CoordinatorPublished at 08.07.2018 - Viewed: 659 times - GNOME Foundation (Worldwide/Remote)
Reporting to the Executive Director, and working with board members and volunteers, responsibilities include:
- Creation and coordination of fundraising activities for individual donors
- Exploring opportunities for corporate relationships
- Identifying appropriate sources of governmental and non-governmental grant applications
- Working with a globally diverse group of paid and volunteer staff
We are looking for a competent Development Coordinator to help fundraise and create the Foundation’s Development Plan. You will help in planning, organizing and delivering this plan to ensure that the Foundation’s programs are funded in a sustainable way.
To be an excellent development coordinator, you must be organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working with diverse teams, and have the ability to inspire and motivate others. If you have further skills in development coordination or non-profit donation programs, we’d like to meet you.
The goal will be to facilitate the effective fundraising and income streams for the organization. This role reports to the Executive Director.
This role is initially set as a fixed, one year contract. It is the intention that the Foundation will renew this contract and we hope it will become a permanent position. This is, however, reliant on future fundraising efforts.
- Supports planning and coordination of the development plan, and its activities
- Develops individual donor cultivation program and processes
- Develops relationships with potential and current donors
- May include scheduling appointments, doing correspondence, event development, and donor cultivation and fulfillment
- Explores opportunities for corporate relationships
- Creates and presents sponsorship packages, including LibreOffice presentations for proposals
- Carries out and monitors fulfillment of corporate sponsorship
- Writes, assembles, and submits proposals for grant funding
- Monitors and follows through with reporting requirements on grants received
- Understanding of and belief in the organization’s mission, vision, and values
- Demonstrated experience and comfort in fundraising, soliciting for donations, and/or planning major events
- Knowledge of development management and procedures
- Tech savvy, proficient in office suites
- Ability to work with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
- Detail-oriented and proactive approach to managing time-sensitive and competing workloads
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Flexible schedule outside of typical working hours, with the ability and willingness to work occasional nights or weekends as necessary
- Ability to work remotely as part of a global team
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant experience
We offer a range of benefits, depending on location, including:
- Competitive salaries, dependent on location and experience
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible working
- Remote working
- Pension matching
- Travel allowances
The position opens for application on 6th July 2018. We expect the first round of interviews to begin at the start of August 2018.
To apply for any of the above, please email email@example.com with the title of the position in the subject. Include a covering letter, and your CV/resume.
Please note, as a 501©(3), our funds are limited, and thus we do not accept speculative applications or applicants via recruitment agencies.