Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Program CoordinatorPublished at 08.07.2018 - Viewed: 313 times - GNOME Foundation (Worldwide/Remote)
Reporting to the Executive Director, and working with board members and volunteers, responsibilities include:
- Planning and coordination of our programs and activities
- Ensuring implementation of policies and practices
- Maintaining budget and tracking expenditures/transactions
- Working with a globally diverse group of paid and volunteer staff
We are looking for a competent Program Coordinator to undertake a variety of administrative and program management tasks. You will help in planning and organizing programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties.
Our current list of programs includes, but are not limited to:
- Three annual global conferences organised by the Foundation
- Numerous hackfests – getting contributors together to discuss, roadmap and code new areas of development
- Outreach and marketing of the GNOME Foundation and project
- Attendance and presentation at various Free Software conferences worldwide
To be an excellent program coordinator, you must be organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working with diverse teams, and have the ability to inspire and motivate others. If you have further skills in program development and human resources support, we’d like to meet you.
The goal will be to facilitate the effective management of programs according to the organization’s standards. This role reports to the Executive Director.
This role is initially set as a fixed, one year contract. It is the intention that the Foundation will renew this contract and we hope it will become a permanent position. This is, however, reliant on future fundraising efforts.
- Supports planning and coordination of a program and its activities
- Ensures implementation of policies and practices
- Maintains budget and track expenditures/transactions
- Manages communications through media relations, social media etc.
- Helps build positive relations within the team and external parties
- Schedules and organizes meetings/events and maintain agenda
- Ensures technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.)
- Prepares paperwork and order material
- Keeps updated records and create reports or proposals
- Supports growth and program development
- Understanding of and belief in the organization’s mission, vision, and values
- Proven experience as program coordinator or relevant position
- Knowledge of program management and procedures
- Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting
- Tech savvy, proficient in office suites
- Ability to work with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
- Detail-oriented and proactive approach to managing time-sensitive and competing workloads
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Flexible schedule outside of typical working hours, with the ability and willingness to work occasional nights or weekends as necessary
- Ability and willingness to travel abroad
- Ability to work remotely as part of a global team
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant experience
We offer a range of benefits, depending on location, including:
- Competitive salaries, dependent on location and experience
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible working
- Remote working
- Pension matching
- Travel allowances
The position opens for application on 6th July 2018. We expect the first round of interviews to begin at the start of August 2018.
To apply for any of the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject. Include a covering letter, and your CV/resume.
Please note, as a 501©(3), our funds are limited, and thus we do not accept speculative applications or applicants via recruitment agencies.