Reporting to the Lead System Administrator, and working with board members and volunteers, responsibilities include:
- Creation, maintenance and administration of Foundation servers
- Processing and care of the Flathub, GitLab, CI and build systems
- Responding to user requests and designing new features and services
- Working with a globally diverse group of paid and volunteer staff
We are looking for a competent DevOps Engineer / Systems Administrator to undertake a variety of development and administration tasks within the existing Sysadmin team. You will help in planning, organizing and delivering services to ensure that the Foundation’s platforms are reliable and efficient.
Our current list of systems includes, but are not limited to:
- CI/QA integrations with the above
A strong candidate will be detail oriented, responsive, and is available to handle the occasional emergency after-hours request. The goal will be to facilitate the effective maintenance and development of systems for the organization. This role reports to the Lead System Administrator.
This role is initially set as a fixed, one year contract. It is the intention that the Foundation will renew this contract and we hope it will become a permanent position. This is, however, reliant on future fundraising efforts.
- Supports planning and deployment of the GNOME Foundation systems
- Develops new and existing integrations with existing systems
- Testing and deploying different applications in different environments to ensure compliance and quality of Foundation services.
- Understanding of and belief in the organization’s mission, vision, and values
- Solid Linux platform knowledge – comfort in system administration, operations and development with RedHat and Debian systems
- Familiarity with cloud based computing, clusters and containers
- Knowledge of Ansible, or similar automation tools
- Python development and c debugging
- Familiarity with CI systems
- Ability to work with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams
- Detail-oriented and proactive approach to managing time-sensitive and competing workloads
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Flexible schedule outside of typical working hours, with the ability and willingness to work occasional nights or weekends as necessary
- Ability to work remotely as part of a global team
- BSc/BA in computer science/engineering, BSc/BA in a related field, or relevant experience
- experience with development processes in the Linux desktop stack
- experience with buildbot or other automated build, deployment and release systems
We offer a range of benefits, depending on location, including:
- Competitive salaries
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible working
- Remote working
- Pension matching
- Travel allowances
The position opens for application on 6th July 2018. We expect the first round of interviews to begin at the start of August 2018.
To apply for any of the above, please email email@example.com with the title of the position in the subject. Include a covering letter, and your CV/resume.
Please note, as a 501©(3), our funds are limited, and thus we do not accept speculative applications or applicants via recruitment agencies.