Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Linux Kernel Consultant (ARM)Published at 22.06.2017 - Viewed: 1615 times - Linaro (Worldwide/Remote)
Job Title: Kernel Engineer
Job Location: Home based with broadband. This role may require international travel.
Reports to: Project Technical Lead, Developer Services
Job Summary: You will be part of a team working on the hardware enablement and upstreaming of the Linux kernel support for a number of different SoCs and target development boards.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Keenly understands ARM based hardware support in the Linux kernel and userspace applications.
- Provides design and code review expertise to accelerate the upstreaming of specific silicon platform code.
- Works with platform kernel specialists to ensure common frameworks and facilities are available to accelerate enablement and improve system stability.
- Collaborates with other teams in Linaro and with upstream developers where appropriate.
Required skills and experience:
- Capacity to learn new systems and techniques quickly.
- Excellent experience in embedded Linux kernel development.
- Experience with ARM related kernel components and drivers.
- Ability to work closely with engineers at other organizations enabling Linux on ARM based devices, providing code review, guidance and training.
- Understanding of current trends in Linux kernel development, including device trees, performance events and ftrace.
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self discipline and self motivation, delivering according to a schedule.
- Strong English communication skills, especially over phone, email and IRC.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience with OpenEmbedded ARM ports, or ARM CPU’s in general.
- Familiarity with open source development tools and methodology.
- Experience submitting code to upstream projects.
May be required to participate in a team kickoff meeting, all Linaro Connect events, plus one or more development “sprints” involving international travel.