Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Firmware Engineering Consultant (ARM)Published at 22.06.2017 - Viewed: 1470 times - Linaro (Worldwide/Remote)
Job Title: Firmware Engineer
Job Location: Home based with broadband. This role may require international travel.
Reports to: Project Technical Lead, Developer Services
Job Summary: You will be part of a team working on the hardware enablement and upstreaming of ARM Trusted Firmware and U-Boot support for a number of different SoCs and target development boards.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Keenly understands ARM based hardware support in bootloaders such as ARM Trusted Firmware and U-Boot.
- Provides design and code review expertise to accelerate the upstreaming of specific silicon platform code.
- Works with platform specialists to ensure common frameworks and facilities are available to accelerate enablement and improve system stability.
- Collaborates with other teams in Linaro and with upstream developers where appropriate.
Required skills and experience:
- Capacity to learn new systems and techniques quickly.
- Excellent experience in embedded bootloader development.
- Experience with ARM related hardware peripherals and SoC boot up.
- Ability to work closely with engineers at other organizations enabling bootloaders on ARM based devices, providing code review, guidance and training.
- Understanding of current trends in ARM firmware development, with experience with some or all of ARM Trusted Firmware, UEFI and U-Boot.
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self discipline and self motivation, delivering according to a schedule.
- Strong English communication skills, especially over phone, email and IRC.
Desired skills and experience:* Experience with ARM Trusted Firmware, UEFI and U-Boot, and ARM CPU’s in general. * Familiarity with open source development tools and methodology. * Experience submitting code to upstream projects.
May be required to participate in a team kickoff meeting, all Linaro Connect events, plus one or more development “sprints” involving international travel.