This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Published at 2017-07-19 -
Viewed: 3596 times -
Landing Team Summary: A landing team is a development team dedicated to a Linaro member company. It is composed of Linaro engineers and engineers from the member company. The team is formed to tackle a specific agreed set of engineering problems for the member related to Linux and ARM SoCs. Many landing teams focus their efforts on bootloader and kernel enablement and upstreaming or the enablement of the member’s boards with a particular OS (Debian, OpenEmbedded or Android for example).
Job Summary: In this role you will act as mentor and provide leadership for the landing team, as well as actively participating in its work. Your responsibilities will be to help define and organize the development work as well as being responsible for the progress of the team towards achieving the team’s goals. In addition you will actively participate in the landing team work in a development role.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Aid in the creation of the team’s statement of work with the member.
- Organize and direct the team of engineers forming the landing team based on the agreed upon statement of work.
- Report to the VP Developer Services on the progress towards achieving the goals outlined in the statement of work.
- Act as the primary technical contact between the Linaro Automation and CI team, and other Linaro engineering teams.
- Ensure world-class hardware compatibility by working with the member, Linaro engineering teams and the Linaro Automation and CI team.
- Mentoring other less experienced team members on Linux, open source software and upstreaming of code.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience with one or more of U-Boot, UEFI and kernel development.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong customer facing skills.
- Strong English language communication skills, especially in online environments such as mailing lists and IRC.
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self discipline and self motivation, delivering according to a schedule.
- Strong working knowledge of open source development tools and methodologies.
- Experience submitting code to upstream projects.
- Ability to mentor other less experienced team members on Linux, open source software and upstreaming of code.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience with ARM CPU’s in general.
- Kernel and user space ARM development experience
- Experience with Debian, Fedora or OpenEmbedded ARM Linux ports.
Landing team members are expected to participate in all Linaro Connect events, and possibly one or more development “sprints” involving international travel.
Recent jobs at Linaro: