Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Executive DirectorPublished at 24.12.2014 - Viewed: 2375 times - KDE e.V. in Berlin, Germany
KDE e.V. is looking for an Executive Director to take this nonprofit organization to the next level. This is a full-time position based in our office in Berlin, working remotely will be considered.
The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors. You will be responsible for managing the business of KDE e.V. and shaping its future. KDE e.V.'s mission is to represent, support, and provide governance to the KDE community.
The KDE Community develops free and open source software, and technical decisions are made by talented contributors (developers, artists, marketers, translators, etc). You will be empowered to make decisions and set directions for the organization that supports these people. You will employ your communication skills and the ability to build up lasting networks. You will have the opportunity of supporting a diverse community of people who want to change the world and who are doing this with passion.
• Drive KDE e.V.’s business in collaboration with the KDE community
• Raise funds from individuals and corporations
• Create and maintain a strong network of companies around KDE and its technology
• Maintain and extend our community of partners in the Free and Open Source Software and non-profit space
• Bring a fresh perspective and lead the organization into the future
• Experience with management of an international organization
• Experience in fundraising
• Budget development and management
• Creative thinker, entrepreneurial-minded
• Comfortable speaking in public and interacting with executives
• Experience working in the open and in a volunteer community
• Self-organized and motivated hands-on personality
Fluent in English
• Some level of comfort with software development, technology and technical communities
• Strong network in the technical space
• Experience in running a non-profit organization
• German language skills and experience with German non-profit law and "eingetragener Verein" structures
Competitive NGO level compensation with a success based component.
How to apply
Please send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: executive director application). Please also don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
KDE is an international community dedicated to writing Free Software for end users. Thousands of professional volunteers are working on software like a desktop, office suite, music player, graphics
applications, web browser, email program, games, educational software and more.
KDE is deeply rooted in the philosophy and practices of Free and Open Source Software. Founded in 1996, we have consistently and pragmatically worked to provide end users access to excellent technology. As a result, KDE's software has become the Linux desktop of choice and brought our applications and technologies to millions of users all over the world. Using Qt, the premier cross-platform UI toolkit, since its inception, KDE has always been the major community user and contributor to Qt.Coming from its base of developing Qt-based desktop applications KDE is continuously expanding into other areas such as mobile or web applications.
About KDE e.V.
KDE e.V. is the legal organization behind the KDE Community. It represents and supports KDE and provides governance to the community worldwide. Founded in 1997, KDE e.V. has continuously evolved as a business organization and established an office in 2008.