Job details « Go back to category
Part-time Marketing SupportPublished at 19.02.2017 - Viewed: 1401 times - KDE e.V. (Worldwide/Remote)
KDE is an international community dedicated to writing Free Software for end users. Thousands of professional volunteers are working on software like a desktop, graphics applications, PIM programs, games, educational software and more. KDE e.V. is the legal organization behind KDE. It represents and supports KDE and provides governance to the community worldwide.
KDE e.V. is looking for a marketing professional to help KDE improve its marketing. This is a contract opportunity initially for around 30 hours per week for 9 to 12 months. We can be flexible for the right candidate.
You will be responsible for creating a marketing strategy and supporting the KDE Community in executing it. You will work directly with the existing marketing team and the Board of Directors.
KDE is working towards a world in which everyone has control over their digital life and enjoys freedom and privacy. KDE develops free and open source software. Contributions are made by thousands of talented contributors (developers, artists, marketers, translators, etc) from all over the world. You will have the opportunity to support a diverse community of people who want to change the world and who are doing this with passion.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Analyse KDE’s current marketing efforts and team and propose improvements and next steps
- Analyse current status of the public awareness of the main KDE brands and propose improvements
- Develop a KDE marketing strategy for the next 2 to 5 years
- Build up a lasting marketing team
- Support the web team in the rollout of a new web presence
- Provide support for social media, PlanetKDE and dot.kde.org (editing, ideas, coordination)
- Support release promotion activities
- Support the outreach activities around our annual conference Akademy and other events
- Onboard/train an intern or working student to help with day-to-day marketing activities
- At least 3 years of experience with marketing for software products for end-users and IT decision-
makers (experience with marketing towards developers is a plus)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Experience working with volunteers and in an open community
- Proficient in or able to learn communication via IRC and mailing lists, and content writing/editing via Drupal
- Some level of comfort with software development processes and communication around it
How to apply
Please send your proposal (including your availability, pointers to the project you are most proud of and your hourly rate) by email to kde-ev- board @kde.org (subject: marketing support). Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.