This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Published at 2017-05-26 -
Viewed: 2137 times -
We’re looking for an engineer to assist the virtualization team with developing QEMU support for future ARM linux virtualization support. You will be working closely with the QEMU and KVM for ARM maintainers and will be involved in design decisions for new features for ARM emulation and QEMU generally. We expect you to be experienced in working with open-source and have a passion for doing things the right way. As part of this work international travel is expected 2-3 times per year for conference attendance.
- Assist in developing core virtualization features for the ARM architecture
- Work on stronger QEMU support for ARMv7 and ARMv8 virtualization, such as improving migration, virtio and debugging features.
- Assist other team members in developing and upstreaming changes to QEMU and the Linux kernel
- Assist in designing test scenarios to test virtualization features and use-cases
- Design, implement, and test new virtualization features in QEMU, KVM, and Xen.
Skills / Requirements:
- Min. BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other relevant background.
- 5+ years of experience with virtualization, emulation, and/or operating systems
- Experience with emulation, binary translation, code generation, compilers, or JIT is a requirement.
- Experience with modeling hardware is strongly desired.
- Good knowledge of computer architectures including micro-architectural design choices.
- Knowledge of ARM or another load-store based architecture would be beneficial.
- Experience with working with the open source community including submitting code to known upstream communities such as QEMU, the Linux kernel or similar
- Strong working knowledge of open source development tools and methodologies.
- Good verbal and written English language communication skills especially in online environments such as on mailing lists and IRC.
- Must be self-driven
- Experience with qemu-system emulation a big plus.
Recent jobs at Linaro: