Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Software Integration EngineerPublished at 07.06.2017 - Viewed: 3060 times - Linaro (Worldwide)
Job Title: Software Integration Engineer
Job Location: Home based with broadband. This role requires some international travel.
Reports to: Landing Team Technical Lead
Landing Team Summary:
A landing team is a team composed of Linaro engineers, and engineers from a specific SoC vendor. The team is formed to tackle a specific set of problems related to Linux and a particular SoC. Currently landing teams are focusing efforts on kernel enablement, kernel patch submission upstream, integration of multimedia codecs into the Linux multimedia frameworks, the integration of an accelerated graphic components into the Linux graphical subsystem and the development of member builds for a vendor’s SOCs.
Your role will be to integrate all the software components required to release functional images for member boards using standard distro technologies such as Debian, Open Embedded and the Android Open Source Project. In this role, you will also be responsible for ensuring high quality of the deliverables by using test automation, developing and maintaining a robust test plan using Linaro testing methodologies.
These may include:
- Planning, organizing and assisting the releases of member boards images.
- Developing and maintaining test infrastructure, test cases and test plans for member boards images as well as upstream kernel.
- Supporting the development and testing of images for member boards.
- Supporting member boards community and ecosystem (bug tracking, forums, mailing list, …), especially related to 96boards.org.
- Writing user guides and documentation related to images for member boards
- Supporting member engineers in the use of Linaro developed frameworks and technology.
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong English language communication skills, especially in online environments such as mailing lists and IRC.
- Experience with the Open Embedded build system, Debian based Linux distributions
- Working with the Android Open Source Project (AOSP).
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team through self discipline and self motivation, delivering according to a schedule.
- Familiarity with open source development tools and methodology. Excellent C programming skills and GIT usage are a must.
- Experience with low-level embedded development
- Experience with Linux based testing methodology
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience submitting code to upstream projects and opens source workflow.
- Experience with the Linux kernel (authoring, porting and upstreaming Linux device drivers)
- Experience with Qualcomm Snapdragon processor family
- Experience with Linaro LAVA technology and kernelci.org
- Experience with Bugzilla, Gerrit and JIRA
Landing Team Engineers are expected to participate in one or more development “sprints” with the member, and all Linaro Connect events. All such events may involve international travel.